This document lists the GPUs chipsets and graphics drivers not supported by the Stage3D feature introduced in Flash Player 11 (desktop) and AIR 3 (desktop). In such a scenario, your content still runs, but Flash Player 11 and AIR 3 will fallback to software.
Note that using the Stage3D APIs ensure you that even when running in software, your content should perform significantly faster (around 10x in some cases) than with previous versions of the Flash Player or Adobe AIR.
- Any GPU that doesn’t support Pixel Shader version 2.x or above
- Intel GMAs that DON’T support Pixel Shader 2.x: 740, i752, IEG, IEG2, GMA 900, GMA 950, GMA 3000, GMA 3100, GMA 3150
- Chrome VIA Chipset
- Any graphics driver older than January 1, 2009
- NVIDIA driver 126.96.36.19921
- NVIDIA driver 188.8.131.5267
- Any Intel GMA driver before X.X.10.2021
- All Intel GMAs
- ATI Radeon X1600
- ATI Radeon 2400
- Firefox 3.6 and earlier
- Mac OS X 10.5 or earlier
*Only Software fallback is supported on Linux machines
*Intel HD GPU supported fully on Both Mac and Windows
Because drivers before January 1 2009 are unsupported, it is highly recommended to update your drivers as it is likely to fix any software fallbacks you experience. If you still get software fallback after updating your drivers, then your chipset is likely to be unsupported.
For drivers update, check the folllowing links :
- NVidia – http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
- ATI/AMD – http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
- Intel – http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics